Saddle Hills County has a rich history dating back thousands of years in native history and hundreds of years to the fur trade. The arrival of European pioneers and settlers brought farming and settlement to the area which has led to large the scale farming and ranching of the modern day.
The County has a number of organizations and societies which celebrate the history and cultural roots of the many nationalities and ethnic groups who settled in the area. Municipal libraries are scattered throughout to County and local agricultural and historical societies abound.
Saddle Hills County is proud to be home to a number of churches.
- Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church, Devale, Alberta; NE 24-79-7-W6M.
- St. John’s Lutheran Church of Northmark, Woking, Alberta; SE 25-76-7-W6M.
- Holy Trinity Canadian Russian Greek Orthodox Church, Woking; SW 19-76-5-W6M.
- Gordondale Community Club Presbyterian Church, Gordondale, Alberta; NE7-79-10-W6M.
- Baytree Mennonite Church, Baytree, Alberta; SW 16-79-12-W6M.
- Savanna Pentecostal Lighthouse Assembly, Silver Valley, Alberta; NW 31-81-9-W6M.
- Silver Valley Gospel Chapel, Silver Valley, Alberta; NW 21-82-10-W6M.
- Community Bible Church, Edmonton (previously Baptist Union of Western Canada), Blueberry Mountain, Alberta; NW 11-80-7-W6M.
- St. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church of Canada of Ksituan, Blueberry Mountain, Alberta; NW 10-80-7-W6M.
- Northern Lights Congregation, Church of God in Christ (Mennonite) of Blueberry Mountain, Silver Valley, Alberta; NE 21-82-9-W6M.
- Ruthenian Greek Catholic Parish of Assumption of Blessed Virgin Mary at Ksituan, Blueberry Mountain, Alberta; NE 33-79-7-W6M.
- Canadian Sunday School Mission Church, Bonanza, Alberta; SW 9-80-12-W6M.
- Munro Presbyterian Church, Blueberry Mountain Goodwill Society, Blueberry Mountain, Alberta; NE 10-80-8-W6M.
Follow the links below to the sections devoted to each of these topics: